Some achievements of the Agency
Achievements of the Agency
- Recruited fifty technical instructors and education officers for quality service delivery of technical and vocational education;
- Commenced accreditation of courses offered in the five (5) technical colleges.
- Reviewed contracts of abandoned projects of buildings at the Board office, existing five Colleges and proposed sites at Ikija, Oluyole LGA and Ado-Awaye, Iseyin LGA.
- Empowered the production unit of technical colleges for on the job training of students and commercialization for revenue generation (on trades such as block making, bakery, furniture making, paint making etc.).
- Established BOTAVED Fund to ensure proper funding of technical and vocational education for improved social and economic development.
- Establishment of Computer Based Test Centers at (GTCs) and purchase of additional computer sets for revenue generation.
- Established six (6) vocational centers across the three senatorial districts to enhance job creation.
- Provided soft loans to committed trainees after vocational training for self-reliance and to enhance productivity.